We believe in a fair and equal society where all lesbian, gay, bi and trans people can achieve their full potential.
Every day of the year, our teams are working to make this vision a reality. To help structure our work, all of our principal activities fall into the following strategic goals:
- Achieving Equality: We are making change happen by ensuring that LGBT people’s voices are heard and helping to make the world a more equal place for LGBT people
- Encouraging Wellbeing: We work to increase confidence and reduce isolation amongst our communities, enabling people to flourish
- Promoting Safety: We are helping people feel more confident and in control of their lives- LGBT people should feel safe and be safe, wherever they are
Our Impact Last Year
It’s been another memorable, extraordinary and record-breaking year for LGBT Foundation. Here is just a flavour of what we’ve achieved with the support of our funders and donors!
In 2019-20 we:
• responded to the Covid-19 pandemic by moving to become a fully remote service delivery charity in just a week- ensuring LGBT communities continued to have access to vital services at a difficult time for many
• celebrated a huge milestone for us as an organisation - the 45th anniversary of our helpline
• offered a vital lifeline to 2,886 LGBT people via our helpline who were able to access support and information on a range of issues. A total of 411 hours of support were given!
• provided 3,623 hours of counselling to 505 Talking Therapies clients this year. This is the equivalent of listening to all 8 studio albums by ABBA 700 times!
• celebrated the 25th anniversary of our Condom and Lube Distribution Scheme. Since the scheme launched, we have distributed over 31 million condoms and sachets of lube
• launched a number of exciting new programmes and areas of work including Pride in Ageing, Bi Programme, Men’s Programme, Bring Dementia Out, and Making Smoking History LGBT
• won the prestigious Queens Award for Voluntary Service for our incredible Village Angels Volunteers! This is the highest award given to volunteer groups across the UK, and is the organisational equivalent of an MBE!
You can read more about this in our Impact Report.
The video below outlines some of our extraordinary activity over the past year – both before and during the pandemic – as we work towards a fair and equal society where all LGBT people can achieve their full potential.
A huge thank you to our service users for sharing their experiences with us, and to our fabulous Patron Owain Wyn Evans for helping us to produce this video!
All this would not have been possible without the generous support of all our donors and funders. Every day we provide over 500 hours of lifesaving support and services. Demand for our support is growing, and we’re seeing more people in crisis than ever before. We need your help to continue providing these essential services for our communities and be here for every single LGBT person who needs us.
Annual Impact Reports
Each year we are required to produce official Annual Reports which need to be submitted to the Charities Commission and Companies House. This information is freely available from the Charity Commission website as well as further analysis for your information.
- LGBT Foundation Accounts 2019-2020
- LGBT Foundation Accounts 2018-2019
- LGBT Foundation Accounts 2017-2018
- LGBT Foundation Accounts 2016-2017
- LGBT Foundation Accounts 2015-2016
- LGBT Foundation Accounts 2014-2015
- LGF Accounts 2013-2014
- LGF Accounts 2012-2013
- LGF Accounts 2011-2012
- LGF Accounts 2010-2011
- LGF Accounts 2009-2010
- LGF Accounts 2008-2009
- LGF Accounts 2007-2008
- LGF Accounts 2006-2007
- LGF Accounts 2005-2006
- LGF Accounts 2004-2005
- LGF Accounts 2003-2004
- LGF Accounts 2002-2003
- LGF Accounts 2001-2002