LGBT Foundation provide a wide range of services to support lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people.
We believe in a fair and equal society where all lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people can achieve their full potential. Our work is as vital and urgent as ever. LGBT people still face persecution, discrimination and stark health inequalities. Through our services we reduce isolation amongst our communities, help people feel more confident and in control of their lives, and enable people to flourish.
Every year we give a voice, provide help and offer hope to 40,000 people. We work in partnership with others to build strong, cohesive and influential LGBT communities and promote attitude change in society, reaching 600,000 people online each year.
Our services and activities include: a range of support groups; face-to-face counselling; a helpline, email and pop-in service; a befriending scheme; a sexual health programme, a substance-misuse project; organisational training; a range of guides and resources; a national website; advice surgeries; LGBT infrastructure support; various research projects and policy campaigning.
Over the past year, we have:
- Delivered 1,035 LGBT-affirmative and inclusive talking therapy sessions to 276 people
- Ensured 2,634 people with nowhere else to turn had access to immediate advice and support through our helpline, email and pop-in service
- Provided 260 full sexual health screenings and 498 HIV tests, helping more people to have happy, healthy sex
- Distributed over a quarter of a million condoms and loose sachets of lube throughout Greater Manchester
- Supported 46 people to make friends, build their networks and reduce lonliness through our Befriending scheme
- Supported 561 LGBT people through our support and social groups
- Helped 4,605 people have a safer night out with our Village Angels programme
Our support services are delivered by a team of dedicated staff and volunteers. So whether it's relationships, coming out, family issues, knowing your legal rights, reporting a hate crime, or you just need someone to talk to- get in touch and tell us how we can help.
Whatever your needs, we are here to support you. If you cannot find the information you are looking for please get in touch with us - call 0345 3 30 30 30 or email email@example.com.