Volunteer agreement policy
Our Volunteer Agreement Policy
Thank you for choosing to donate your time to volunteer with the LGBT Foundation. To maintain our high standards and to ensure everyone who accesses The LGBT Foundation’s building and services has a positive and fulfilling experience, we have a basic level of standards that we expect from all of our volunteers.
The Volunteer Agreement describes the arrangement between you and the LGBT Foundation. It outlines what you can expect from us during the course of your volunteering and in turn what we expect from you. It indicates our commitment to do the best we can in order to provide you with a rewarding volunteering experience.
Please read the Volunteer Agreement carefully and once you are sure you understand all of the information, please sign and date at the bottom.
What you can expect from the LGBT Foundation:
- Induction and training (To provide a thorough induction on the work of the LGBT Foundation, its staff, your volunteeringrole and the induction and/or training you need to meet the responsibilities of this role.To provide details of further training opportunities that may be beneficial to your volunteering role).
- Supervision, support and flexibility (To explain the standards we expect for our services and to encourage and support you to achieve and maintain them. To provide a named person who will be available for you to discuss your volunteering and any successes and problems. To do our best to help you to develop your volunteering role with us).
- Expenses (To reimburse expenses as long as the procedure has been followed).
- Health and Safety (To provide adequate training and feedback in support of our health and safety policy, a copy of which can be provided on request).
- Insurance (To provide adequate insurance cover for volunteers whilst carrying out their volunteering roles which have been approved and authorised by us).
- Equal opportunities (To ensure that all volunteers are dealt with in accordance with our Equal Opportunities policy, a copy of which is provided with your Volunteering Welcome Pack).
- Problems (To try to resolve fairly any problems, complaints and difficulties you may have while you volunteer with us. In the event of an unresolved problem, to offer an opportunity to discuss the issues in accordance with the procedures set out in the Volunteer Policy).
- Confidentiality (To ensure that your details are kept confidential in line with the Data Protection Act 1998. A copy of our Confidentiality Policy is provided with your Volunteer Welcome Pack).
What we expect from you as a volunteer:
- To live our values of Integrity, Passion, Empowerment and Respect
- To help the LGBT Foundation fulfil its aims and objectives;
- To remember that you are a representative of the LGBT Foundation;
- To treat fellow volunteers and staff with courtesy and respect at all time;
- To let us know if you wish to change the nature of your contribution;
- To perform your volunteering role to the best of your ability;
- To let us know if we can improve the service and support that you receive;
- To follow the organisation’s procedures and standards, including health and safety and equal opportunities, in relation to its staff, volunteers and clients;
- To maintain the confidential information of the organisation and of its clients (you should familiarise yourself with the Confidentiality Policy);
- To meet the time commitments and standards which have been mutually agreed to and to give reasonable notice so other arrangements can be made when this is not possible;
- To provide referees as agreed who may be contacted, and to agree to a DBS check being carried out if necessary for the role.
- To state clearly when sharing your opinions through media or social media that opinions are your own and to only speak on behalf of LGBT Foundation if explicitly asked to do so by a member of the Marketing and Communications team.
This agreement is binding in honour only, is not intended to be a legally binding contract between us and may be cancelled at any time at the discretion of either party. Neither of us intends any employment relationship to be created either now or at any time in the future.