For individuals, training modules include live, interactive group sessions with the opportunity to ask questions throughout and anonymously. Engaging in the LGBT Foundation Training Academy will enable you to:
- Confidently navigate language and definitions relating to LGBT identities e.g. trans and non-binary
- Understand the historical and national legislation that has, and continues to, influence LGBT people’s experiences
- Be aware of the barriers and challenges that LGBT people experience within society, healthcare etc.
- Signpost to sources of support for LGBT people within your local area and online
- Be an LGBT ally by identifying discrimination and making positive changes to challenge it
Completing LGBT Foundation Training Academy training modules evidences your commitment to continual learning and supporting equality, diversity and inclusion within home, at work and in your local community. Everyone who does so will receive a certificate of completion to recognise their achievement.
For those looking to become accredited Training Academy Champions, our next course starts in April.
There are 20 places left, so if you would like to book on please email [email protected].