Wanting to feel confident talking about LGBTQ+ topics. Unsure about how to make LGBTQ+ people more included at home and at work? Wondering about the importance of pronouns. The join our Training Academy and become a champion for diversity!
LGBT Foundation’s Training Academy is for anyone wanting to increase their knowledge and confidence of LGBTQ+ inclusion at home, at work and in the community.
No matter your prior knowledge or experience with the LGBTQ+ community, we've got you covered with a range of modules and packages to support your learning. Our training is available online and features live, interactive group sessions where you can ask questions anonymously. We've successfully worked with a diverse range of organisations in the private, public, and voluntary sectors, and our clients have reported increased knowledge and confidence in LGBTQ+ issues, as well as feeling better equipped to support their LGBTQ+ customers and colleagues. Join us today and start building a more diverse and inclusive workplace for the future!
LGBT Foundation’s grass-roots expertise and 45 years’ experience means we work with over 40,000 people per year and reaching 600,000 people online. In particular, our Pride in Practice programme is nationally recognised - working with Primary Care services to elevate the experiences of LGBT people and create meaningful and sustainable changes. Building on a decades of success supporting LGBTQ+ people, we have developed the LGBT Foundation Training Academy; an online curriculum of LGBTQ+ training modules designed to help you confidently:
- Navigate language and definitions relating to LGBTQ+ identities e.g. trans and non-binary
- Understand the historical and national legislation that has, and continues to, influence LGBTQ+ people’s lives
- Recognise the barriers and challenges that LGBTQ+ people experience within society, workplaces, healthcare etc.
- Signpost to sources of support for LGBTQ+ people within your local area and online
- Be an LGBTQ+ ally by identifying discrimination and making positive changes to challenge it
Completing LGBT Foundation’s Training Academy modules evidences your commitment to continual learning and supporting equality, diversity and inclusion into your personal and professional practice.
COSTS AND PACKAGES
We offer a range of modules and packages to support your learning, no matter how much prior knowledge and experience you have with LGBTQ+ people. Training modules are live, interactive group sessions with the opportunity to ask questions throughout and anonymously. Each module is around 90 minutes to two hours each. Modules can be booked individually or you can book all 10 as part of the Champions package.
Modules available include:
- LGBT 101: Terminology, legislation and inequalities
- Trans and Non-binary inclusion
- Asking LGBT inclusive questions and having challenging conversations
- Being an LGBT ally at home, at work and in the community
- LGBT health inequalities, access and signposting
- Multiply Marginalised: Intersectionality in practice
- Understanding discrimination, hate crime and minority stress
- Making LGBT People Count: Monitoring Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Trans Status
- LGBT inclusive workplaces
- LGBT Leadership
For more detailed information about each of our modules, you can download our brochure here.
You will receive a certificate of completion to recognise your achievement.
To book, please click here.
For any queries regarding accessibility, please contact [email protected]
The Champion package is ideal for anyone wanting to visibly and strategically demonstrate their commitment to supporting LGBT communities and become an ambassador for the Training Academy programme and LGBT Foundation community leaders.
The Champion Package gives you:
- Full access to the 10 training programme modules with up to 20 hours’ worth of learning and development
- 1 hour assessment session
- Post-assessment support
- Bronze, Silver or Gold Training Academy Champion accreditation
If you are booking the Champions package, you can choose which order you complete all 10 modules. To register your interest, please complete the enquiry form linked at the bottom of this page
Embracing diversity, promoting equity and providing inclusive spaces is important within every workplace. However, no two sectors or businesses are the same and the application of these principles will look different in every industry. For this reason, we offer bespoke training packages for business and organisations wishing to train large groups and teams (approximately 6-30 people).
Investing in the training academy will enable your staff to:
- Confidently understand and respond to their responsibilities under UK legislation e.g. Equality Act 2010
- Understand the inequalities and barriers experienced by LGBT people within your industry
- Identify areas for collaboration, development and inclusion within the workplace, including around policies and recruitment
If you are interested in booking a training package for your team, please complete the enquiry form below. If you have any questions you wish to ask before completing the form, please contact us at [email protected]