Apps, forums, chat rooms and websites are a great way to connect with people, whether that's keeping in contact with friends or exploring new sexual encounters.
Sometimes it's easy to get lost in the heat of the moment. However, here's a few tips on how you can get the most out of online spaces:
- Know your boundaries - don't feel pressure to explore anything that you don't feel comfortable doing
- Don't give out personal information until you've established a trusting relationship - use messaging apps that don't link to your exact location or contact details in the meantime
- If you're planning on meeting in person, meet in a public space and let a friend know
- Don't bare anything you want to keep private - sometimes pictures and videos circulate online
- Unfortunately not everything is what it seems - some people might be utilising other people's pictures or might exaggerate their profile details
- Enjoy yourself! - Exploring new networks and kinks online can be really exciting
Let's talk about sex!
LGBT Foundation are on a range of hook-up apps (in Manchester city centre) and forums to chat about the sex you want to have and talk through any services and support you might want to access. If you have concerns about using these sites and apps, you can send us a private message and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Alternatively, call us on 0345 3 30 30 30 or email email@example.com
Some interesting general and safety tips over at Huffington Post for everyone venturing into the online dating world.
For women: http://www.pinksofa.com/Safety.asp