23rd October 2020, Online
Event Full Details:
This training is part of the Pride in Practice Training Academy. For more information and to book, please click here.
Demonstrating leadership doesn’t require you to have a particular job title or position. You can be a leader by demonstrating and exemplifying principles of inclusion, awareness and integration of marginalised people. This module will equip you with an awareness of how to be an LGBT leader and advocate at home, work and in your local community. As the final module on this programme, these discussions will also be a key step towards the Pride in Practice Champion accreditation.
For more information on the module content and learning outcomes, click here.
Pride in Practice Training Academy
The Pride in Practice Training Academy is for anyone who wants to increase their knowledge and confidence of LGBT inclusion at home, at work and in the community.
Pride in Practice is a nationally recognised LGBT inclusion programme. Having worked for almost a decade with NHS services, Pride in Practice trains and accredits using LGBT Foundation’s grass-roots expertise and community-insight with 45 years’ experience working with over 40,000 people per year and reaching 600,000 people online.
Since 2016, Pride in Practice has trained 9,185 individuals nationally. Over 980 primary care services have engaged with Pride in Practice. All services engaging with Pride in Practice have been able to demonstrate changes within their practice that more effectively meet the needs of LGBT people. 100% of those who took part would recommend the training.
Following Pride in Practice’s success in the healthcare sector, LGBT Foundation have developed the Pride in Practice Training Academy; an online curriculum of LGBT training modules. Whether it’s getting involved with targeted modules or the full training programme, every trainee will receive a certificate of completion to recognise their achievement and have the opportunity to become an accredited Pride in Practice Champion to demonstrate their leadership and commitment.
We invite you to be the pioneers of the Pride in Practice Training Academy and founding Pride in Practice Champions as we bring LGBT inclusion expertise to everyone who wants and needs it.
Modules available (90mins - 2hours each)
1. LGBT 101: Terminology, legislation and inequalities
2. Trans and Non-binary inclusion
3. Asking LGBT inclusive questions and having challenging conversations
4. Being an LGBT ally at home, at work and in the community
5. LGBT health inequalities, access and signposting
6. Multiply Marginalised: Intersectionality in practice
7. Understanding discrimination, hate crime and minority stress
8. Making LGBT People Count: Monitoring Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and Trans Status
9. LGBT inclusive workplaces
10. LGBT Leadership
Click here to find out more about training for individuals and the ticket options.
If you are looking for training for organisations, click here.
For more information on the Champion accreditation and package, click here.
Things to note:
- All training modules are live, interactive group sessions with the opportunity to ask questions throughout and anonymously
- All training modules will be hosted on Zoom. You do no need to download Zoom or have a Zoom account to attend.
- Details to access the Zoom module will be sent to your email 1 hour before the module is due to start. Please check your junk/spam folder or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have not received it.
- If you purchase more than one module, either on the bundle offer or the champions package, please email email@example.com to register your place on the additional modules
If you have any questions or concerns about accessibility, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Price per Person: £35.00