Price per Person: £0.00
FREE Sound and Drawing Workshop for lesbian and bi women
15th September 2018, Manchester
Event Full Details:
Sound and Drawing workshop: Inside Out.
Saturday 15th September 2-4pm @ LGBT Foundation
What is it?
September's FREE skills workshop for self-identifying lesbian and bi women* is on sound and drawing, delivered by local artist Rosanne Robertson.
This workshop uses our different senses - hearing and touch - to explore our personal expression with sound and drawing to focus on it's positive effects on our wellbeing.
Following an introduction to sound making and listening we will try out
- A warm up exercise imagining and describing the sounds of objects.
- Drawing a sound- drawing what we hear from a selection of sound recordings.
- Listening to a drawing- hearing what we draw.
- Expressing a feeling or a change through mark making and sound.
The session will include drawing with varied materials and objects and on different surfaces and textures to make different sounds using contact microphones. We will reflect on our experiences of sound drawing and listening as a group and how it may have involved or affected our emotional states.
Who can attend?
This event is for all people who self-identify as lesbian, bi, queer or questioning women, all or part of the time, including trans women, older women, black women and women of colour, disabled/neurodivergent women, women of all faiths and backgrounds, non-binary/gender fluid people and transfeminine people.
- No previous knowledge of sound or drawing is required. All materials are provided.
- If you are hard of hearing, headphones can be provided or you can be positioned closest to speakers.
- If you are deaf, the session has a strong visual and touch elements with various surfaces and physical objects. Please get in contact if you would benefit from having a BSL interpreter present.
- If you would benefit from support with travel costs to attend this workshop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How do I sign up?
To reserve your FREE place on this workshop, please email email@example.com
If you have any access needs, including BSL or travel cost support, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is delivering this workshop?
Rosanne Robertson is an artist based between Paradise Works (Salford) and Hebden Bridge (West Yorkshire) where she lives. Working with performance, drawing, assemblage and sound she explores tensions, anxieties and relationships between body, object and environment.
Rosanne Robertson is an artist and co-founder of Dyke|Queer contemporary art project The Penthouse (Manchester/Salford). www.thepenthousenq.com