Equalities Board Publications
This is where you can find reports and guides written by the Equalities Board team and Equalities Board members. All our reports also have simpler summaries that we try to make accessible for people with different needs.
If you cannot access one of our publications please contact us by emailing email@example.com.
- Equalities Board Research Reports 2017 - and more accessible summaries
- Asset-based Approaches and Inequalities
In September 2017, Ambition for Ageing gave the Equalities Board some money to ask five community groups to do some research into issues that are important to those communities:
- Manchester Deaf Centre
- Manchester People First
- Wai Yin Society
Each group wanted to find out more about their communities so that they can raise awareness of the issues affecting them, and support them better. The projects ran from November 2017 - February 2018, and the groups produced reports in July. The Equalities Board team produced more accessible summaries of each report.
Asset-based Approaches and Inequalities
This briefing document looks at how asset-based community development (ABCD) approaches can exacerbate (make worse) inequalities within communities. The report's recommendations include:
- people from marginalised groups need support to be involved in designing projects and mapping assets in their communities
- it is helpful to target marginalised and minority groups, and more socially isolated people to make asset mapping and co-production more meaningful
- well-planned processes for meaningful participation are important, but they take time and need good support.
This briefing draws on work across the AFA programme, including by the Equalities Team.