LGBT Foundation is part of the Positive about Disabled People Scheme and is an Investors in People accredited organisation. We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, faith and religion, disability and age, but, as ethnic minority groups, members of the trans community and religious and faith groups are currently under-represented across the organisation, we would encourage applications from members of these groups. Appointment will be based on merit alone.
Assistant Director – Insight & Public Affairs
LGBT Foundation’s Insight and Public Affairs Directorate works to gather evidence of lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans (LGBT) people's specific needs, inform stakeholders of appropriate action, and change policy and practice to improve LGBT inclusion. We are looking for a collaborative and dynamics individual to lead the directorate and work closely with the CEO, the senior management team colleagues and the organisation’s board of trustees. The ideal candidate will be experienced in communications, comfortable in analysing data and confident in working with a wide range of stakeholders.
The main focus of this role will be:
• To influence the policy environment in order to strengthen awareness of the needs and issues of LGBT communities at the local, regional and national level and advance the organisation’s overall policy objectives.
• To take an active role in engaging with key public and voluntary sector stakeholders in order to promote the needs of the LGBT community.
• To lead LGBT Foundation’s and the National LGBT Partnership’s policy development.
• To manage the development and delivery of LGBT Foundation’s policy, insight, communications, research, and stakeholder engagement programmes to meet the business plan objectives.
• To ensure that insight from the organisation’s services and programmes contributes to delivery of the strategic and business plans.
Drug and Alcohol Engagement Officer
If you are a highly organised, motivated and engaging individual with a passion for supporting people, you might be just what we are looking for to join our team. Based in Manchester, we deliver a range of services, support and research for and with LGBT across Greater Manchester and beyond. The Drug & Alcohol Engagement Officer role will provide one-to-one and group support to LGBT people who are experiencing drug and/or alcohol issues.
Your responsibilities will include:
• To provide one-to-one drug and alcohol interventions to clients
• To facilitate structured and peer support groups
• To provide harm reduction advice through outreach activities
• To ensure your paperwork and case files are up to date
If you would like an informal chat about this post, please contact Tyler Andrew on 0345 3 303030.
Sexual Health Lead
If you are a highly organised, motivated and engaging individual, you might be just what we are looking for to join our team. Based in Manchester, we deliver a range of services, support and research for and with LGBT people from across Greater Manchester and beyond. The Sexual Health Lead role will be responsible for implementing new contract requirements and service specifications, as part of the new Passionate about Sexual Health (PaSH) Partnership, alongside colleagues from BHA for Equality and George House Trust. You will use your leadership skills and management experience to ensure LGBT Foundation’s sexual health services offer support to the highest possible standard.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Management and leadership on the operational delivery of LGBT Foundation’s sexual health programme
• Representing LGBT Foundation through the PaSH Partnership and acting as lead for condom schemes and community engagement
• Providing expertise in the area of sexual health across all levels of LGBT Foundation
• To work strategically, raising the profile of the sexual health and wellbeing needs of LGBT people and the services provided by LGBT Foundation
If you have any questions about this post, please contact Lucy Lamb at email@example.com or call us on 0345 3 303030.