LGBT Foundation is part of the Positive about Disabled People Scheme and is an Investors in People accredited organisation. We welcome applications from everyone irrespective of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity, faith and religion, disability and age, but, as ethnic minority groups, members of the trans community and religious and faith groups are currently under-represented across the organisation, we would encourage applications from members of these groups. Appointment will be based on merit alone.
We are looking for a proactive and analytical person to work with us in our exciting new Performance Manager role to lead the performance monitoring work, help us streamline our performance reporting and work closely with the senior management team and colleagues to embed this across the organisation. The main focus of this role will be:
• Leading all aspects of our performance functions, design, recording and reporting
• Overseeing our CRM system (Salesforce)
• Providing support, motivating and training staff on performance reporting
Service Delivery Assistant
Service Delivery Assistants play an integral role in this model, often acting as the first point of contact for many individuals coming to LGBT Foundation via one of our access points. Service Delivery Assistants will be responsible for triaging contacts; working with the wider LGBT Foundation staff team and a range of external partners, to ensure referral and signposting pathways work seamlessly. They will also support the wider Services Team with the collection of timely activity data and administration tasks. The main focus of this role will be:
• Delivering a range of services across our health and wellbeing service provision.
• Provide maximum coverage of service provision across Greater Manchester and beyond, through outreach activities.
• Support the collection and recording of meaningful service provision data to help shape our services.
Closing Date: Monday 7th August 2017
Interviews: Monday 14th August 2017