In the final months of the funded Inclusion work on the Women’s Programme, we will be producing a visual creation to be displayed in Manchester in 2020.
The creation will consist of small components created by LGBT women of colour. Created during sessions throughout January – March. “Empowerement” will be the prompt, and there will be opportunities for women to learn a new skill such as: simple sewing, painting and cross stitch.
This is for and by LGBT+ women of colour and BAME (Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic), inclusive of non-binary and genderfluid people wishing to access a women-centered space.
WoC Shine events are for self-identifying women of colour / BAME women who identify as lesbian, bisexual, queer or questioning, all or part of the time, including trans women, older women, disabled/neurodivergent women, women who are seeking asylum or have no recourse to public funds, women of all faiths and backgrounds, and non-binary/gender fluid people and transfeminine people who want to access a women-centred space.
This is a FREE project, with monthly events at LGBT Foundation (3rd Thursday, 6-8pm)
There will also be extra events at Chapter One Books, 10am-12noon (Tuesday 21st January & 4th February)
No RSVP required:
- Thursday 16th January – 6-8pm – LGBT Foundation
- Tuesday 21st January – 10am-12pm, extra session, Chapter One (Coffee and Crafting)
- Tuesday 4th February – 10am-12pm, extra session, Chapter One (Coffee and Crafting)
- Thursday 20th February – 6-8pm – LGBT Foundation
- Saturday 14th March – Sugar & Spice breakout space – LGBT Foundation
- Thursday 19th March – 6-8pm – LGBT Foundation