Get involved with NHS North, Central and South Manchester Clinical Commissioning Groups
Manchester CCGs are looking for public representatives to act as a ‘voice’ on behalf of patients and carers registered with north, central and south Manchester GP practices. The groups are supported by NHS staff.
Who might become a member of a Patient and Public Advisory Group?
The NHS welcomes anyone registered with a GP in Manchester to apply to become a member of the group. They are looking for individuals who:
• Are aged 16 years and above
• Have experience of the healthcare system in north, central and south Manchester as a patient or carer
• Have an interest in local healthcare issues
• Have an interest in the promotion of a healthy lifestyle
• Are able to take an objective approach to priority setting and who can take a broad view of the role to encompass the viewpoint of others
Although training will be given in order for individuals to feel confident representing views on behalf of diverse local communities, they welcome diversity within the group, and would encourage individuals of all ages, ethnicities, disabilities etc to apply. Applicants who work as health professionals would not normally be appointed, as there are other ways for their views to be heard.
Please contact NHS Manchester CCGs by email email@example.com or by telephone on 0161 765 4004.