This is the stream of consciousness where there is a streaming list of updates from twitter and comments from the site.
- 12:12 PM Mar 8thviaLGBT Foundation
Tony Warren MBE - A Tribute
It is with great sadness that we learned today of the passing of one of the most important figures in British TV history. Here's our tribute to the creator of Coronation Street and long time supporter & patron of LGBT Foundation,Tony Warren MBE.
- 13:36 PM Mar 2ndviaLGBT Foundation
The Village Angels are a team of volunteers from LGBT Foundation, easily recognisable through their pink ‘high-vis’ vests.
- 16:53 PM Feb 26thviaLGBT Foundation
Our Impact 2015
- 12:14 PM Feb 24thviaLGBT Foundation
Greater Mancs: Taking Charge of Health & Care
For the first time Greater Manchester is taking charge of the £6 billion spent on health and social care in its ten boroughs. Making decisions about some of the most important things in our lives – including health and social care. LGBT Foundation have joined a regional collective of organisations to help our communities share their thoughts on what stops or helps people from taking charge of their health and making healthy choices.
- 09:34 AM Feb 22ndviaLGBT Foundation
Tackling LGBT Body Image
A special event for Eating Disorders Awareness Week 2016. Research suggests that eating disorders disproportionately impact many in the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans) community.
- 12:59 PM Feb 18thviaLGBT Foundation
My trans heroes by Beckie Fox
- 15:50 PM Feb 17thviaLGBT Foundation
Kate Bornstein – outlaw no more?
- 15:49 PM Feb 17thviaLGBT Foundation
Portraits of persistence
- 15:48 PM Feb 17thviaLGBT Foundation
Kate Bornstein: Born to be a gender outlaw
- 15:06 PM Feb 17thviaLGBT Foundation
- 11:50 AM Feb 15thviaLGBT Foundation
Got the winter blues? Need to relax? We are launching a new Relaxation Therapy service here at LGBT Foundation. Click here to read more.a new Relaxation Therapy service here at LGBT Foundation. Click here to read more.
- 11:48 AM Feb 15thviaLGBT Foundation
Improving health & care services for LGBT people
The health and wellbeing of our communities is one of our top priorities but we would not be able to carry out much of our work without the support of our volunteers and partners in the health sector. We need your views too on how best to improve health and care services for LGBT people...
- 15:22 PM Feb 5thviaLGBT Foundation
LGBT Foundation Heroes Award Winners!
- 08:22 AM Jan 29thviaLGBT Foundation
Kate Bornstein at LGBT Foundation
- 11:45 AM Jan 26thviaLGBT Foundation
All women between the ages of 25 and 64 who have a cervix need to have regular cervical screening tests, regardless of whether or not they’ve slept with a man.
- 11:39 AM Jan 25thviaLGBT Foundation
LGBT Foundation's response to the Transgender Equality Inquiry report
At LGBT Foundation, we have taken some time to carefully consider the points and recommendations made in the Transgender Equality Inquiry report by the Parliamentary Women and Equalities Committee. This report was highly anticipated by many groups and individuals who submitted evidence for the consideration of the committee and at LGBT Foundation, we are no exception.
- 13:46 PM Jan 24thviaLGBT Foundation
Annie Wallace is tuned in
- 11:55 AM Jan 21stviaLGBT Foundation
Pitch and Pert
- 11:55 AM Jan 21stviaLGBT Foundation
Closets of fear
- 11:54 AM Jan 21stviaLGBT Foundation
Out of Office
- 11:53 AM Jan 21stviaLGBT Foundation
Understanding Muslim LGBT Identity
To celebrate LGBT History Month’s theme of ‘Religion, Belief & Philosophy’, in February LGBT Foundation are hosting a free event to provide a short introduction to Islam by way of helping individuals and organisations to support LGBT Muslims.
- 14:29 PM Jan 20thviaLGBT Foundation
Gay Rights & The Anglican Church – Step Back in Time
Anglican leaders from all over the world have been meeting in Canterbury this week to try to heal deep rifts within the church over issues such as same-sex marriage and gay clerics. Some feared a split in the global Anglican communion over gay rights but now the internal debate continues. LGBT Foundation Trustee Reverend Dr Hayley Matthews shares her thoughts on what has happened.
- 16:20 PM Jan 15thviaLGBT Foundation
Volunteer with us
- 17:14 PM Jan 14thviaLGBT Foundation
- 18:01 PM Jan 6thviaLGBT Foundation
NEW! LGBT Cancer Taskforce
If you are an LGBT person affected by cancer, or you have cared for someone from the LGBT community who has experienced cancer, Macmillan Cancer Support is setting up a new LGBT and cancer taskforce to get a sense of the issues people feel are important.
- 14:35 PM Jan 4thviaLGBT Foundation
'Sex by deception' - Statement from LGBT Foundation
This week Kyran Lee, a 25 year old trans man, received a two year suspended sentence after being convicted in 2014 of one count of sexual assault by penetration on the basis of obtaining ‘sex through deception.’ This and similar cases could be a cause for concern for trans people who choose not to disclose their trans status with partners before having sex.
- 11:40 AM Dec 22ndviaLGBT Foundation
Opening times for Festive Period 2015
We know that Christmas and New Year can be a difficult time, so our dedicated staff and volunteers will be providing support at our office and through our helpline. Click here to find out more about our opening hours.
- 11:11 AM Dec 22ndviaLGBT Foundation
- 13:12 PM Dec 18thviaLGBT Foundation
- 12:11 PM Dec 18thviaLGBT Foundation