This is the stream of consciousness where there is a streaming list of updates from twitter and comments from the site.
Here we explore some of the negative influences lesbian, gay, bisexual or trans* people may experience.
- 14:14 PM Mar 5thviaLGBT Foundation
When: First and third Tuesday of the month, 7.30pm - 9pm Carousel is a relaxed social group for lesbian and bisexual women.
- 14:12 PM Mar 5thviaLGBT Foundation
Most people tend to feel sad or miserable at one time or another, but when these feelings get in the way of us living our lives, it’s a problem.
- 14:07 PM Mar 5thviaLGBT Foundation
Issues faced by LGBT people
We know that lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people are even more likely to be affected by mental health problems, but why is this?
- 14:05 PM Mar 5thviaLGBT Foundation
It’s important to recognise that there can also be things that have a positive influence on our mental health.
- 14:04 PM Mar 5thviaLGBT Foundation
Some people experience overwhelming anxiety on a daily basis.
- 13:55 PM Mar 5thviaLGBT Foundation
Sugar and Spice
Sugar & Spice is The Lesbian & Gay Foundation's annual celebration of International Women's Day for lesbian and bisexual women.
- 09:44 AM Mar 5thviaLGBT Foundation
Homelessness can affect anyone at any time in their lives. LGBT individuals face unique challenges with homelessness.
- 16:19 PM Mar 4thviaLGBT Foundation
Being lesbian, gay, bisexual or trans and a carer can bring about additional issues.
- 16:05 PM Mar 4thviaLGBT Foundation
If there’s something on your mind that you want to talk about, or if you need some guidance on the best place to get help for a specific problem, come in and talk to us, Monday-Sunday between 10am and 8pm
- 12:41 PM Mar 4thviaLGBT Foundation
Our advice surgeries are a vital part of what we do as an organisation; we provide a safe space for a range of advice surgeries provided by solicitors, police and others.
- 12:27 PM Mar 4thviaLGBT Foundation
Meet the staff
Meet the LGF staff!
- 08:30 AM Mar 3rdviaLGBT Foundation
Having a healthy sex life
There’s a huge range of sexual activities, some you’ll have heard of, others you won’t – therefore, there is no straightforward answer!!
- 15:07 PM Feb 27thviaLGBT Foundation
Male counsellor / psychotherapist required for trauma therapy group
Survivors Manchester and The Lesbian & Gay Foundation are launching a new therapy group for adult male survivors of childhood sexual abuse, who also identify as gay or bisexual.
- 14:50 PM Feb 27thviaLGBT Foundation
It starts with me
It’s all about you. You are the key to stopping HIV in your own life and in your community.
- 14:26 PM Feb 27thviaLGBT Foundation
We want your feedback
- 11:57 AM Feb 27thviaLGBT Foundation
Celebrating women in LGBT History
Celebrating the LGBT women who inspire us.
- 10:10 AM Feb 27thviaLGBT Foundation
Here are just some of the ways you can get in touch with us, plus a nice handy map to our door!
- 12:37 PM Feb 26thviaLGBT Foundation
The Lesbian & Gay Foundation, together with community based HIV prevention agencies from across England, have developed a joint statement on Pre – Exposure Prophylaxis.
- 12:05 PM Feb 26thviaLGBT Foundation
86 percent fewer HIV infections found in two PrEP studies
Two studies of PrEP in gay men and trans women have demonstrated that the availability of PrEP reduced the rate of infection by 86%. This amounts to the highest effectiveness yet seen for PrEP and is superior to most other HIV prevention interventions.
- 11:44 AM Feb 26thviaLGBT Foundation