This is the stream of consciousness where there is a streaming list of updates from twitter and comments from the site.
Volunteer with us
- 17:14 PM Jan 14thviaLGBT Foundation
Tackling LGBT Body Image
A special event for Eating Disorders Awareness Week 2016. Research suggests that eating disorders disproportionately impact many in the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans) community.
- 10:30 AM Jan 14thviaLGBT Foundation
- 08:53 AM Jan 14thviaLGBT Foundation
LGBT Foundation Intake and Triage Service
If you need some help but aren’t sure which service is best to use, then you can now access support, to help you get the most from LGBT Foundation’s Services.
- 15:40 PM Jan 12thviaLGBT Foundation
Sometimes we can have all the will in the world to get up and try new things and meet different people, but it’s often our confidence that holds us back…
- 15:40 PM Jan 12thviaLGBT Foundation
Understanding Muslim LGBT Identity
To celebrate LGBT History month’s theme of ‘Religion, Belief & Philosophy’, in February LGBT Foundation are hosting a free event to provide a short introduction to Islam by way of helping individuals and organisations to support LGBT Muslims.
- 12:14 PM Jan 8thviaLGBT Foundation
- 18:01 PM Jan 6thviaLGBT Foundation
NEW! LGBT Cancer Taskforce
If you are an LGBT person affected by cancer, or you have cared for someone from the LGBT community who has experienced cancer, Macmillan Cancer Support is setting up a new LGBT and cancer taskforce to get a sense of the issues people feel are important.
- 14:35 PM Jan 4thviaLGBT Foundation
Learn something new
LGBT Foundation holds free monthly workshops for women around a range of topics from cupcakes to career goals. Join us to learn a new skill and make some new friends!
- 14:31 PM Jan 4thviaLGBT Foundation
Trans Vocal Coaching
- 16:15 PM Jan 2ndviaLGBT Foundation
LGBT Foundation Talking Therapies Programme
The LGBT Foundation has been providing a counselling service to the LGBT community of the North West for well over a decade. We currently offer traditional talking therapies and relationship therapy.
- 11:50 AM Dec 23rdviaLGBT Foundation
'Sex by deception' - Statement from LGBT Foundation
This week Kyran Lee, a 25 year old trans man, received a two year suspended sentence after being convicted in 2014 of one count of sexual assault by penetration on the basis of obtaining ‘sex through deception.’ This and similar cases could be a cause for concern for trans people who choose not to disclose their trans status with partners before having sex.
- 11:40 AM Dec 22ndviaLGBT Foundation
Opening times for Festive Period 2015
We know that Christmas and New Year can be a difficult time, so our dedicated staff and volunteers will be providing support at our office and through our helpline. Click here to find out more about our opening hours.
- 11:11 AM Dec 22ndviaLGBT Foundation
Helpline and email advice
We all need information and support from a friend in the know and LGBT Foundation's Helpline Service provides thousands of hours of advice and support to thousands of people every year.
- 11:35 AM Dec 21stviaLGBT Foundation
- 13:12 PM Dec 18thviaLGBT Foundation
We had a cup of tea and a chat to find out what some of our community members are up to and to find out a bit more about them.
- 13:01 PM Dec 18thviaLGBT Foundation
- 12:11 PM Dec 18thviaLGBT Foundation
Christmas is Coming...Out!
The temperature’s dropped and the city streets are heaving with increasingly harassed shoppers – it must mean one thing: Christmas is coming. For lesbian, gay and bisexual people who aren’t yet out to their family, the festive season may be their one chance to come out to relatives in person.
- 12:05 PM Dec 18thviaLGBT Foundation
- 10:54 AM Dec 18thviaLGBT Foundation
The Wrong Body
- 09:25 AM Dec 18thviaLGBT Foundation
Meet the staff
Meet the LGBT Foundation staff!
- 14:47 PM Dec 16thviaLGBT Foundation
For Trans People
- 14:37 PM Dec 16thviaLGBT Foundation
Welcome to your Pride in Practice Compendium
Pride in Practice is a quality assurance support service that strengthens ans develops your relationship with your lesbian, gya and bisexual patients within your local community.
- 12:06 PM Dec 16thviaLGBT Foundation
Manchester Trans Survey
- 11:34 AM Dec 16thviaLGBT Foundation
Our advice surgeries are a vital part of what we do as an organisation; we provide a safe space for a range of advice surgeries provided by solicitors, police and others.
- 09:41 AM Dec 16thviaLGBT Foundation
Have Your Say:Greater Manchester Budget Consultations
Too often the voices of lesbian, gay, bisexual and trans people are seldom heard in relation to local service provision. Now we have an opportunity to have our say on funding of local services to make sure that the needs of LGBT people are met across Greater Manchester.
- 16:06 PM Dec 15thviaLGBT Foundation
Our work in Rochdale with LGBT people
Across the HMR area we know that there are no LGBT community centres or facilities to use to enable likeminded people to meet and socialise in.
- 16:04 PM Dec 14thviaLGBT Foundation
Thank you for taking the time to vote in the LGBT Foundation Heroes Awards for 2015.
- 11:10 AM Dec 14thviaLGBT Foundation
- 16:26 PM Dec 11thviaLGBT Foundation
- 15:13 PM Dec 11thviaLGBT Foundation