Who are your Homo Heroes for 2014?
Publish Date: 04/06/2014
The Lesbian & Gay Foundation’s Homo Heroes Awards 2014
Nominations for The Lesbian & Gay Foundation's Homo Heroes Awards 2014 are now open so get nominating for the individuals, groups and organisations you feel have helped to make a difference to the community over the past year.
The awards, supported by Barclays, and now in its fourth year, provide an opportunity to celebrate those that have challenged homophobia and biphobia, are role models for the community and have helped make a difference to the lives of lesbian, gay and bisexual people.
Previous winners have included Sir Ian McKellen, The Co-operative’s Respect Network, Richmond Tea Rooms, Rt. Rev. Nigel McCulloch and Greater Manchester Police.
There are a total of eight categories for nominations, in which you can nominate any person, group or organisation that you believe has made a difference to the lives of lesbian, gay and bisexual people. Nominations are now open and close on 16 July 2014. The categories are;
· Homo Hero - Community Champion of the year
· Homo Hero - Business of the year
· Homo Hero - Lesbian, gay or bisexual role model of the year
· Homo Hero - Public Sector Partner of the year
· Homo Hero – Volunteer of the year
· Homo Hero - Community group or organisation of the year
· Homo Hero - LGB&T venue of the Year Award
· The Alan Turing Memorial Award in partnership with Manchester City Council
Following the initial nomination period, the top three nominees for each award category will be put forward for a public vote* from 30 July until 24 September 2014.
Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on Tuesday 7 October 2014 to coincide with the 50th Anniversary of the Campaign for Homosexual Equality, which The LGF will be marking – further details to be released soon so keep an eye out on our website.
Get Nominating Now! Visit lgbt.foundation/hero
Keep up with all the latest news by following us on Twitter @lgfoundation #HomoHero
* the recipient of The Alan Turing Memorial Award will be decided by a panel