What's Your New Year's Resolution?
Publish Date: 20/12/2012
A New Year's resolution is a commitment that a person makes to one or more personal goals, projects, or the reforming of a habit. What will yours be?
Here LGF staff share their personal New Year's resolutions:
James "My plan is to get fit as I will be doing The BUPA Manchester 10k in May for The LGF"
Sarah "I want to eat better and be fitter and healthier!"
David "I want to buy more clothes and treat myself in 2013!"
Kathy "I want to go to the Theatre more"
Samantha "I'll be going 'dry' for January and reducing my alcohol consumption - and getting sponsored for it so the money goes to a good cause"
These are our Top Ten you could do in 2013:
1. Is your resolution to quit smoking? Don’t give up on giving up! We can help. Find out more: http://lgbt.foundation/Get-support/Smoking/
2. Join our dry January team! Go alcohol free for the month and ask people to sponsor you – all for a good cause! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Get more active, check out our ‘Get In’ guide for info on LGBT sports clubs - http://lgbt.foundation/Our-services/Campaigns/Get-in-/
4. Feeling alone, isolated or want to improve your confidence? LGF's Befriending Service be just the boost you need in the New Year. We've helped so many people and it's free for LGB&T people from across Greater Manchester - http://lgbt.foundation/Our-services/befrienders/
5. HIV is on the rise. Make your resolution to know your HIV status. Come to one of our community clinics lgbt.foundation/testing
6. Be part of history! Take action now and support our equal marriage campaign. lgbt.foundation/equal
7. Is your resolution to get involved in the local community more? Our great We Exist resource will tell you how! http://lgbt.foundation/Take-Action/we-exist/
8. Is your New Year’s resolution to get fit? Give yourself some motivation to keep training and raise money for a great cause by signing up to one charity challenges lgbt.foundation/getinvolved
9. Want to make more friends and increase your social circle? Perhaps one of our groups could be for you? lgbt.foundation.groups
10. Make a resolution to learn a new skill! On Sat 26th Jan The LGF is hosting a LB womens workshop on circus skills! Learn juggling and even tightrope walking. Places must be pre-booked. lgbt.foundation/women
Why not share your New Year's Resolutions with us - comment below!
Every day in January at 12pm we will be tweeting out a new years resolution that you could take part in. Follow us @lgfoundation