Surviving Christmas - look after your personal safety
Publish Date: 22/12/2011
Improving your overall sense of wellbeing doesn’t just come down to eating healthily and doing a bit of exercise, it’s much more than that – but where do you even start?
The last entry in our 'Surviving Christmas' series is about making sure you're safe when out and about partying tonight, or any night.
Take a look at our tips for personal safety, these are not just for the party season but for all year round:
- Always always think about your safety when you go out!
- Leave venues with friends, if not possible, let them know where you are going and when you will be back
- Walk away from trouble if you can, if not report it
- Don’t be tempted to take shortcuts down unlit streets etc
- Have your keys in your hand when you reach your home or your car
- Keep money for bus fares or taxis
- Carry a personal alarm and know how to use
- Make sure your phone is registered with your network operator and you have a copy of your IMEI number at home.
- If alone set your phone to vibrate so it doesn’t attract attention
- Don’t take all your bank and credit cards out with you on a night out. Its temptation waiting to happen, drawing all that money out may seem like a good idea at the time, however when you check that balance next day maybe not!
- If you're out in Manchester's Gay Village and you need assistance, look out for The LGF's Village Angels
We're here if you need us.