What is sexuality?
Your sexuality will influence your choice of sexual partner and the type of sex you seek. It will also influence your thoughts and feelings regarding sex and your sexuality.
How does sexuality develop?
Your sexuality develops from birth but most of us become consciously aware of our sexuality in our early teenage years.
Where is it?
A number of regions of the brain kick in when people feel sexual desire and several of them are in the temporal lobe. There are two temporal lobes, on left and right sides, located around the level of your ears.
How many types of sexuality are there?
Very generally speaking there are three types of sexual preference, gay (men and women), bisexual and heterosexual:
- Gay men and women, also called Lesbians, are sexually attracted to people of the same gender.
- Bisexual men and women are attracted to either gender.
- Heterosexual people are attracted to people of the opposite gender.
What makes me gay?
There is no one clear reason why some people are the way we are. A number of factors are suggested including:
- It is innate (we are born lesbian or gay)
- Genetic or hormonal factors
- A result of our childhood and parenting
- A result of the society and culture we grow up in
All are fiercely debated, with the nature vs. nurture argument raging on continuously among the different sexualities.